We compare your product to similar or competitive products or compare different designs for your product or website.
What can be compared?
User experience, interaction flows, and feature sets of:
- Web: sites, applications, intranets, e-shops, and portals;
- Desktop software;
- Devices: consumer electronics, cell phones, computer hardware, and printers;
- Office: forms, customer-servicing processes, and internal processes;
- Texts: printed, online, and voice.
We can also compare your product to the imaginary ideal products that live in your users' minds.
The typical price is about €3 000 for comparing one website with two other websites. The price depends on the nature scope of the comparison, number of compared products, and comparison method.
The typical price in other currencies (may vary based on exchange rate):
- USD - about $4 000.
- GBP - about ?2 700.
- BGN - about 6 000.
Written report including:
- Strength and weaknesses analysis of your product and the competitors.
- Recommendations for redesigning your product based on insights from all products included in the comparison.
- Suggestions for future work: additional assessments and approach to design and development.
If performing the comparison through usability testing:
- Measurements of success rate, coefficient of orientation, satisfaction, and time on task.
- Participant feedback in the form of comments, questions, and suggestions.
- Video highlights and complete video recordings (if recording the sessions).
Presentation of the results and discussion with your team.
When to order?
You may want to request comparative research when:
- You are considering launching a new product or expanding an existing product in a new area. We will compare existing products in the respective area, and based on our recommendations, you will have a jumpstart by being able to avoid mistakes that your competitors are making or focus on a niche not covered by competitors.
- You want to know how your product fares against competitors. Our report will allow you to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the user experience of your design against those offered by your competitors, and then focus on your weaknesses and shore up your strengths.
- You want to build an overall picture of a specific industry or market and create benchmarks against which you can compare the various players. Such a benchmarking study usually includes a large number of products.
Typically, comparing one website with two other websites takes about 2 weeks.
If comparing different designs for your product or website (for example two different versions of a homepage), we would incorporate the comparison in the usability testing scenario.
The typical comparison research process has 5 steps:
- Goal. Discuss your business goals and needs, your users, and your users' needs.
- Scope. Identify the products to be compared – usually your product and 2 or 3 competitors. Define areas to be compared and comparison criteria.
- Assessment. Perform the actual comparison.
- Analysis. Process the results, summarize and analyze the findings, and prepare the report.
- Delivery. Present the results.
Confidentiality and Publicity
We keep the results confidential. We will not announce that we are working on a specific project unless you want us to do it.
We may use some of the findings, with your explicit permission, in our publications or presentations. We may also request your permission to prepare a case study and use it for marketing and PR purposes for the shared benefit of you as a client and Lucrat as a service provider.
How to order?
Contact Lucrat by email at email@example.com or by phone at (359 2) 48 33 957 to ask for more information, to request this service, or to discuss your needs with a consultant.